|ID:||10073 - T/T|
|Location:||Transportation Division (Chesapeake/Norfolk/Newport News, VA area)|
SUMMARY: Work on various construction projects by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with various experience and ability to work with or without close supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform maintenance of traffic and flagging.
- Perform job site housekeeping duties.
- Assist with measuring distances from grade stakes, drive stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Assist with leveling earth to fine grade specifications.
- Assist with mixing concrete.
- Assist with smoothing and finishing freshly poured cement, mortar, or concrete.
- Assist with positioning, joining, aligning, and sealing pipe sections.
- Assist with erecting scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Mop, brush, or spread paint or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Assist with demolishing structures, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, mounting pipe hangers, and cutting and attaching insulating materials.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum one year related experience and/or training.
- Preferred experience with structural steel, bridge/utility/road work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memo
- Add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one– or two–step instructions
- Deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Follow directions
- Handle basic hand tools, such as shovel, pick, broom, hammer, saw, paint brushes, etc.
- Light or heavy handling
- Job site housekeeping
- Erect construction signs, cones, etc.
- Required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must pass Flagger Certification test to act as flagger.
Corman Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending and short-term disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans, Disabled, Minorities and Women encouraged to apply.